One of the benefits of using Young Living Essential Oils is that you can cook with them! It really is one of my favorite things to do since I started with this company. It is one of the many ways to utilize the therapeutic-grade essential oils!
Please Note: Not all essential oils are the same! You can NOT cook with just any essential oil you purchase. Most of the essential oils out there are NOT therapeutic-grade and that means you can NOT take them internally. Please make sure if you are going to use essential oils in your food that they are Young Living Essential Oils or food grade safe.
So my second oldest son turned 16 at the end of January. He has never been a person who has enjoyed cake. Of course he will eat it if he has a sweet tooth and he can’t find anything else around but he really does prefer cheesecake over any other kind of cake. Really I can’t blame him for this because it was probably me who started it, since I prefer cheesecake over any others as well! This year he did actually ask for cheesecake and since he was off with the ski team for his birthday and the day after I felt like he deserved a homemade cake.
Jade Lemon Cheesecake
Makes 1 – 9 inch cheesecake
1 package crushed graham crackers
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
5 tablespoons melted butter
3 packages cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 container sour cream (16 oz.)
1-4 drop Young Living Jade Lemon Essential Oil
1 package each of blackberry, raspberry and strawberry
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the crushed graham crackers, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and the nuts. Stir in butter and mix. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
2. Bake crust in the preheated over for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; allow crust to cool.
3. Beat cream cheese and the eggs with an electric mixer on medium-low until smooth. Beat in the white sugar, vanilla and Jade Lemon (start with one drop and smell it before adding more, we like a more intense lemon flavor so we usually add 3 or 4 drops). Fold in the sour cream just until blended. Do not overmix; overmixing the cheesecake to crack. Pour into the cooled crust.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Turn oven off. After 20 minutes pull cheesecake out of oven and run knife around the edge (helps cheesecake not stick to pan to prevent cracking.) and then put the cheesecake back in the oven. After oven has reached room temperature place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving.
5. Cut up fruit and store for topping. When you serve the cheesecake you can top with fruit for added flavor. The sweet fruits add to the hint of lemon flavor so well!
Note: make sure to add the Young Living Jade Lemon Essential Oil in prior to adding in the sour cream!
I completely forgot to take a photo of it prior to cutting it so here is (what is left) of the cake with and without the berries!
Here is some information about the Jade Lemon essential oil:
Jade Lemon is grown in the warm, humid climate of southeast China. While other lemons begin to release some of their oils aromatically as they turn yellow, the jade lemon fruit remains green even in maturity, allowing the concentration of oil to continue within the fruit. The oil is released only after the fruit is picked, giving it a richer and more fragrant aroma. Jade Lemon contains high levels of d-limonene, which helps invigorate, uplift and energize as well as support clarity of thought and purpose. This oil supports skin health; helps open and release emotional blocks; and is useful to clean, detox, and purify. A 1995 Mie University study also found that citrus fragrances induce relaxation and invoke feelings of happiness.*
If you are not already a wholesale member of Young Living Essential Oils and are interested in joining CLICK HERE
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult individual product labels for safety information.