So this recipe I am going to share with you today did not start with me but I did change it by adding Young Living Jade Lemon essential oil instead of using the organic lemon juice in it and both in the glaze.
It is a fabulous bread and I am really thankful I found the recipe and made it my own!
Paleo Blueberry Lemon Bread
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour, Sifted
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Organic Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Raw Honey
- 3 to 4 drops Young Living Jade Lemon Essential Oil
- Zest from 2 Organic Lemons
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Fresh Organic Blueberries
Ingredients for Glaze:
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Butter, Softened
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Organice Lemon Juice
- 1 to 2 drops Young Living Jade Lemon Essential Oil
- Hot Water, 1 Tablespoon at a Time
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit). Grease the loaf pan and put a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Then set the bowl aside.
- Using a whisk mix eggs, coconut oil, raw honey, Young Living Jade Lemon essential oil and lemon zest. Make sure it is combined well.
- Add wet and dry ingredients together and mix very all moist.
- Set aside 1/3 of the blueberries.
- Mix remaining blueberries into the batter by gently folding them in. Do not over mix so not to smash the blueberries.
- Pour batter into pan and top batter with the 1/3 of blueberries you set aside.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. To check you want to make sure a toothpick or knife comes out of the center clean. If the bread is not coming out clean cover with foil if it starts to get dark.
- Remove from oil and let bread cool.
- While the bread is cooking you prepare the glaze. You whisk together all of the ingredients for glaze. Then add 1 Tablespoon of hot water at a time until you have a smooth, glossy glaze.
- After the bread has cooled remove it from the pan and drizzle the glaze over the top of the loaf. Be sure to let it drip down the sides!
- Cut, eat and enjoy!
If you are ready to join the YLEO spOILed Family?
If you want to learn more about Young Living?
Would you like to talk to Jack or Amy?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.